Friday, March 12, 2010

Some photos and video from last night.

I've uploaded two vids on YouTube from last night. They were from the webcam from my laptop. This one is when we tracked "Other Door" and in this one you can hear Joe recording cymbal rolls that I'd like to use at the end of "Beg the Past." Scott took quite a bit of video as well on Joe's camera. I think Joe is going to piece together all of the footage after we finish the album. Also, you can check out all of my phone pics at the HW fb page.

I'm still impressed by Joe tracking "Evenstar" on his own from memory. Even a year ago he was lobbying to do the song again. We haven't played it since Ryan left the band. At the time I just felt that it wasn't representative of the direction in which I felt the band was going. However, Joe has altered the original beat somewhat, and I really think it may fit this album. I'm still undecided though whether or not I'm going to put piano on it or go strictly guitar. If I go the piano route, it'll mostly likely be the only piano track on the whole album.

I hope to begin recording vocals before the weekend is up, but at the latest it'll be around the first of the week. I know Scott will be tracking bass soon as well, if he hasn't started already. Guitars and additional overdubs will then be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment