Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vocals all day long...and tomorrow night

I recorded vocals all afternoon and evening.  Of course most of the primary vocals have been recorded, but I was able to color a lot of passages with different background phrases and harmonies.  I also added a nice line at the very end of "Beg the Past" which of course rounds out the tracks.  I'm very satisfied with it being the final line of the album...very satisfied.  I called Joe immediately afterward, since it's his song, and I can't wait for him to hear it.

My good friend Dawne will be laying down vocals on "Lustre"soon, possibly even tomorrow evening.  She'll also be singing on "Evenstar" whenever that gets tracked.  I'm supposed to have another vocalist coming in for "Last Screams" and "Tremble Bare," but if scheduling doesn't permit, then I'll see how Dawne feels about taking them on.

Joe and I agreed that surely we have no more than 10 more hours of tracking to do.  As I've said before, "Ardor" and "Restore" have yet to be tracked, and "Evenstar" is still nothing but drums.  But those will go quickly, in my opinion.  Then it's just mixing and mastering.

Up next...some rehearsals for a summer date...

No comments:

Post a Comment