Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rough mixes: a step forward, or two steps back?

Joe has finished IDing the songs. So, we know what is where thanks to his hard work. He's even identified several problem areas that need to be addressed before we get to mix-down. He's also completed rough mixes of everything that we've done, for sake of reference. Thus far, they have been very informative, say for instance, with my vocals. There are many areas that I want to tweak, although at some point you have to let go and say, "It is what it is." I just know that I can do much better on certain phrases. Joe is supposed to finish posting rough mixes for listening tonight, so I'll be up late taking notes.

We still haven't touched "Evenstar" or recorded "Restore". Both are waiting on me, but I've had a lot of work going on outside of this project. I hope to attend to them this coming week. Oliver has recorded on two tracks now, so scheduling time for him to record and still allow time for me to make contributions is a real bugger. It'll all get done, but there is still a sense of pressure even working toward a June deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment