Monday, November 28, 2011

Restore

I will sit on smooth dirt floor
I will dream of something more
I will leave all of my friends
I will return never again
I will put my foot on shore
I will last I will endure
I will walk into the wind
I will fall in love again

I will break through tundra’s back
I will sing across that land
I will taste from Siberian stream
I will wake from Peter’s dream
I will look across a farm
I will grip my lover’s arm
I will promise a precious lie
I taste her kiss one last time

Restore Me

I will walk down from the hill
I will erase every kill
I will yearn to be at home
With the one who will never know
I will swim in youth so real
My brothers all alive and well
I will race into a house
The wall turns red the laughter stilled

Restore Me

I will lie in a room so cold
With faces worth more than gold
I will smile and meet every eye
Surrender all the past I know
I will climb into the hills
I will breath every chill
I will touch every hand
That reaches down from Gloryland

Restore Me

No comments:

Post a Comment